Tuesday 29 September 2009

Julie and Julia

I saw Julie and Julia last night with my lovely flatmate. It's a perfect Sunday afternoon type of film. Gentle and comforting, like soup on a winter's evening.

It inspired me to cook more complicated things, high on the list is beurre blanc which sounds absolutely yummy. I've probably eaten it before without realising it but now I want to make it. Since it requires large amounts of butter I might have to save it for a special occasion. I'm trying to eat well at the moment and invariably when I cook something I like I end up eating it repeatedly until I'm tired of it. I have to make a conscious effort to forget how easy it is to make lemon curd.

I want to be a better cook, not just someone who can follow recipes. Does that make sense? It got me all heated up to do something like cook all of Delia's recipes or Elizabeth David's when I realised A. that's already been done and B. I'm already writing a food blog. One should be enough.

So, being extremely excited about Adulis, the Eriterian restaurant I am going to tonight, will have to do!

http://www.julieandjulia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment