Friday 8 January 2010

New Year, new cook books, new recipes!

I think you can tell a lot about a person from what books they got at Christmas. I got the following:
Hats, An Anthology By Stephen Jones;
Vogue Covers;
Latin, A Biography;
German Cooking;
Illustrated Food and Cooking of the Caribbean, Central and South America;
Illustrated Food and Cooking of Africa and Middle East;
The Hummingbird Bakery Book (I also got given silcon cupcake cases and a cupcake stand - people know me well);
and, which I bought myself with Christmas money, Warm Bread and Honey Cake.

Fairly representative of my interests - fashion, history and cooking. I should have studied historical chefs outfits at university.

I am extremely excited to start trying out my new cookbooks and sharing the results with my imaginery readership. We've been a bit slow recently but I am pleased to announce that very soon, for the first time, I will be listing a recipe I have INVENTED MYSELF. Yup, a new stage in my cooking and blogging. It's a paneer and chick pea salad, very fresh tasting for the new year if you're tired of all the heavy stuff we seem to be eating at the moment.

Until then, I'm off to eat my lovely lunch - pheasant and red cabbage soup, made with the left overs from Wednesday night's roast.

Toodle pip.

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to reading more of your posts and recipes :) you know what,Foodista announced that they are going to publish the best food blogs in a full color book that will be published by Andrews McMeel Publishing this Fall 2010. It would be so great to see your blog and recipe featured in this book. You can find out more about it here http://www.foodista.com/blogbook. Hope you wont mind if I left this message. I wanted to email you but couldn't find one,hope you do join. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete